EGT Dynasty

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Home of endurancegt's NCAA '11 4* Dynasty on the PS3

+4
Seanspence31
california2003
X
endurancegt
8 posters

User Awards / Offseason

endurancegt
    endurancegt
    Admin

User Awards / Offseason Empty User Awards / Offseason

Post  endurancegt Wed Nov 24, 2010 2:34 pm

I want to have votes for user awards - would those active on the forums want this to happen?

I also plan on advancing through the offseason as fast as possible and w/e is most convenient for the active forum participators. What are your thoughts?
    X
    X

User Awards / Offseason Empty Re: User Awards / Offseason

Post  X Wed Nov 24, 2010 3:38 pm

My thoughts would be that it would be cool to have awards. But I think the most important thing is to have everyone active on the forums. You have told them to be active on the forums for a entire season. If they have not been active on the forums I say give them one last warning to get active on the forums. If they still ignore you replace them with someone who will be active on the forums.

Oh and I would skip the normal stuff like transfers, progressions and so on.
    california2003
    california2003

Post  california2003 Wed Nov 24, 2010 5:49 pm

X wrote:Oh and I would skip the normal stuff like transfers, progressions and so on.

I agree. We should only do players leaving, recruiting, position changes, and cut players.
    endurancegt
    endurancegt
    Admin

Post  endurancegt Wed Nov 24, 2010 5:51 pm

No worries, I always skip those steps. Also, I'm expecting no one to make stupid position changes - aka a 210lb player to DE, LB, etc.

I normally have a set of rules posted on this, but I haven't gotten around to it.
    Seanspence31

Post  Seanspence31 Wed Nov 24, 2010 9:07 pm

I would like to be active on the boards but my CPU took a dump about 3 months ago so I'm having to use my iPod touch for about another 3 weeks. It is a pain in the ass to do Recaps and stuff on this cause the typing sux. I always will get my games and stuff in though. Just need some time till get my CPU fixed. I'm all for skipping the dumb stuff also
    SoonersPhan
    SoonersPhan

Post  SoonersPhan Thu Nov 25, 2010 1:35 pm

X wrote:My thoughts would be that it would be cool to have awards. But I think the most important thing is to have everyone active on the forums. You have told them to be active on the forums for a entire season. If they have not been active on the forums I say give them one last warning to get active on the forums. If they still ignore you replace them with someone who will be active on the forums.

works for me
    George_the_Kat
    George_the_Kat

Post  George_the_Kat Thu Nov 25, 2010 8:31 pm

X wrote:My thoughts would be that it would be cool to have awards. But I think the most important thing is to have everyone active on the forums. You have told them to be active on the forums for a entire season. If they have not been active on the forums I say give them one last warning to get active on the forums. If they still ignore you replace them with someone who will be active on the forums.

All that sounds about right. I'll try to be a little more active as well.
    GJWhite66
    GJWhite66

Post  GJWhite66 Sat Nov 27, 2010 2:09 am

User Awards would actually be pretty cool. I'm a little surprised at some of the guys who haven't posted at all. In an OD most of us were in last year, those guys were pretty busy on the forums. Maybe if I bring back the Girls vs Girls polls. That always seemed to get people going. If nothing else, gives a reason to put up sots of half nekkid girls, lol.
    endurancegt
    endurancegt
    Admin

Post  endurancegt Sun Nov 28, 2010 12:40 pm

What are some of everyone's thoughts on good user awards to vote on each season? I don't simply want to mirror the awards in the game, although some will of course.
    X
    X

Post  X Mon Nov 29, 2010 2:44 pm

Do you have sigs turned off for the website endurancegt?
    endurancegt
    endurancegt
    Admin

Post  endurancegt Mon Nov 29, 2010 7:07 pm

X wrote:Do you have sigs turned off for the website endurancegt?

They should work now. Also, I really want input on what user awards you'd like to see this season! Post thoughts!
    GJWhite66
    GJWhite66

Post  GJWhite66 Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:46 pm

I was also curious why Sigs weren't showing.

Maybe we could do awards for user games. Like the similar individual awards, but for those who perform in user vs user games. That would require that we post our top performers in those games, but it probably wouldn't be too hard. A lot of the in-season awards are won against CPU teams, it's time to give love to guys who actually do it against other users.
    Seanspence31

Post  Seanspence31 Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:21 am

I'd be in for voting on awards, but I don't want people running the same play to the same WR or anything to win an award. I just think sometimes people want to win awards and would do that
    GJWhite66
    GJWhite66

Post  GJWhite66 Tue Nov 30, 2010 12:24 pm

Seanspence31 wrote:I'd be in for voting on awards, but I don't want people running the same play to the same WR or anything to win an award. I just think sometimes people want to win awards and would do that

That's why I say have it be based on user vs user games. I'd like to think guys top to bottom would play a lot more straight up in those games.
    X
    X

Post  X Tue Nov 30, 2010 12:37 pm

Looks like we are ready to advance into season 2. Who's going to win it all this year? I think this will be a rebuilding year maybe two for my Iowa squad. I lost a ton of talent and didn't get a ton in. I got a Juco Sophomore QB who will probably be my starting QB. Can he pull a Cam Newton and lead us back to the promise land? I will have a strong running game and some decent WR's. I lost a ton of talent on the defensive line and linebacker positions. If I can make a trip to the Rose Bowl I think it would be a productive year for the Hawkeyes.
    nahefley0

Post  nahefley0 Sat Dec 04, 2010 1:16 am

Sounds good on awards. Let me know what I need to do.

Mizzou
    california2003
    california2003

Post  california2003 Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:40 pm

Seanspence31 wrote:I'd be in for voting on awards, but I don't want people running the same play to the same WR or anything to win an award. I just think sometimes people want to win awards and would do that

Ha, so from everyone's perspective I'm out of it. This will be better at WVU not using Utah's playbook. Jordan Wynn missed almost half of last season and still finished in the Top 5 for passing yards and finished 3rd for the O'Brien... my bad guys.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content