EGT Dynasty

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Home of endurancegt's NCAA '11 4* Dynasty on the PS3

Hawkeye Free Press

X
    X

Hawkeye Free Press  Empty Hawkeye Free Press

Post  X Mon Oct 18, 2010 2:23 pm

Iowa 28
    Georgia Tech 10

Iowa traveled to Georgia Tech to open up the season. Things started out well for the Hawkeyes as Tyler Nielsen caught a pitch and returned it 4 yards for a TD. Adam Robinson scored on a short run late in the second quarter giving Iowa a 14-3 lead at halftime. Georgia Tech fought back with a late touchdown in the third quarter to make it 14-10 going into the 4th quarter. This is when the Hawkeyes took over the game scoring on a 16 yard run by Adam Robinson and a 10 yard run by Ricky Stanzi. Georgia Tech added a late touchdown but failed on the onside kick sealing the win for the Hawkeyes.

Ricky Stanzi had a very solid game passing 12-13 for 129 yards. Adam Robinson lead the team on the ground with 16 attempts for 114 yards and 2 touchdowns. Colin Sandeman was Stanzi's favorite target as he pulled in 4 receptions for 80 yards. Brett Greenwood and Tyler Nielson lead the team on defense with 6 and 7 tackles.

Next week is bitter Rival Iowa State at home for the Hawkeyes.
    X
    X

Hawkeye Free Press  Empty Re: Hawkeye Free Press

Post  X Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:03 pm

Iowa State 22
    Iowa 31

This game wasn't really as close as it looks. Iowa State scored a late touchdown with under a minute left in the game. The offense gave up a touchdown to them on a Ricky Stanzi fumble. The defense played well keeping the Iowa State offense of the board until the 4th quarter. Ricky Stanzi had a really good passing day 15-17 for 242 yards and 1 TD 0 INT. Adam Robinson rushed 17 times for 81 yards and 1 TD. Brandon Wegher rushed 8 times for 37 yards and 1 TD. Brandon Wegher returned a kickoff 96 yards for a TD. Ricky Stanzi spread the wealth in the passing game. Allen Reisner caught 4 for 47 yards, Marvin McNutt also had 4 for 67 yards. Colin Sandeman caught 3 for 81 yards and 1 TD.

On defense once again Tyler Nielson and Brett Greenwood lead the way with 6 tackles each. Adrian Clayborn and Christian Ballard both recorded sacks.

Next week the Hawkeyes travel to Arizona for a battle in the desert.
    X
    X

Post  X Thu Oct 21, 2010 4:34 pm

Iowa 38
    Arizona 14

This one started out slow for the Hawkeyes. Arizona was able to take a 0-7 lead into the second quarter. The second quarter was dominated by Iowa thanks to strong offense and turnovers. Ricky Stanzi hooked up with Derrell Jnsnkoulianos, Adam Robinson scored on a 4 yard run, Ricky Stanzi scored on a 15 yard run and a FG just before half. More of the same in the 3rd quarter as Brandon Wegher scored on a 14 yard run and Jordan Bernstine caught a pitch and ran it back 43 yards for a TD. Arizona got a worthless 2nd team defense score late in the 4th quarter.

Ricky Stanzi passed 6-11 for 134 yards 1 TD 0 INT. Adam Robinson had 13 carries for 97 yards and 1 TD. Jewel Hampton had 7 carries for 44 yards and Brandon Wegher had 3 for 18 yards and 1 TD. Jeff Tarpinian lead the team with 5 tackels. Adrian Clayborn had 3 tackles and .5 sack. Broderick Binns had 2 tackles and the other .5 of that sack lol. Tyler Nielsen had 2 tackles and 1 INT that he returned 45 yards.

Next week we have Utah at home another user game.. Do we have user games every week in Iowa yeesh. Sad
    X
    X

Post  X Mon Oct 25, 2010 3:53 pm

Penn State 14
    Iowa 21

Wow this game got close quick. We got out to a 21-0 lead and thought we were going to run away with it. Wrong!!! We gave up a late 3rd quarter TD and a 4th quarter TD to a team we had shutdown the rest of the game. Penn State kicked the ball off with 3:05 left on the clock we milked them of all the timeouts they had. Then we shut them down on 4th down near the Penn State 40 to hold onto the victory.

Ricky Stanzi 12-19 160 yards 1 TD 0 INT
    Adam Robinson 15 ATT 80 yards 1 TD
    Brandon Wegher 2 ATT 7 yards 1 TD
    Colin Sandeman 4 REC 65 yards
    Jeff Tarpinian 6 tackles 6 solo 1 sack 1 FF 1 FR
    Jeremiha Hunter 6 tackles 4 solo 1 FF
    Tyler Sash 6 tackles 4 solo

On the recruiting front we had 9 players in for the Penn State game. Hopefully we can add to our 2 commits on our bye week. Following the bye we travel to Michigan for a Big Ten showdown! Wink
    X
    X

Post  X Sat Oct 30, 2010 2:52 pm

Iowa 31
    Michigan 7

Not much of a showdown in Ann Arbor. The Hawkeyes defense totally frustrated Shoelace picking him off twice and sacking him 4 times. Adam Robinson had a strong game on the ground rushing 17 times for 134 yards and 1 TD. Typical Ricky Stanzi type game 9-17 170 yards 3 TD 1 INT.

No recruits this week but it looks like we might get a few more soon. Week 8 brings another tough rivalry game against the Wisconsin Badgers.
    X
    X

Post  X Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:54 pm

Wisconsin 20
    Iowa 27

This game started out pretty bad for the Hawkeyes. We went down 10-0 late in the second quarter. We put together a drive and got a FG to make it 10-3 with 1:57 left before halftime. The next drive M Hyde picked off a pass and ran it back 27 yards for a TD to tie it up 10-10. Wisconsin answered back with a FG with 7 seconds left in the half to take a 13-10 lead into halftime.

The 3rd quarter saw one score a Iowa touchdown. It was 3rd down and long as Ricky Stanzi stepped up and hit Derrell JnsnKoulianos on a 18 yard pass play that he fought for the goal line. He just crossed over for the go ahead TD. Wisconsin wouldn't go away that easy and came back with a TD early in the 4th quarter to take a 20-17 lead. Iowa drove down and stalled out kicking a 43 yarder with 2:03 seconds left in the game to tie it up. Wisconsin went 3 and out giving the ball to Iowa in great field position. Iowa's Adam Robinson punched in a 4 yard run with 20 seconds left to win the game for the Hawkeyes!

Next week Michigan State @ Iowa
    X
    X

Post  X Thu Nov 04, 2010 1:02 pm

Michigan State 7
    Iowa 38

This one was a bit sloppy and slow starting for both teams. Iowa wasn't able to capitalize on early turnovers by Michigan State. Iowa gave up a long run just before halftime to make it 14-7. The third quarter only saw a Iowa FG to make it 17-7. The 4th quarter was all Iowa scoring 21 points to Michigan State's 0 to win the game.

Adam Robinson lead the way with another strong performace on the ground with 119 yards and 4 TD's.

The next two weeks should be easy wins against Indiana and Northwestern. Leading up to the showdown in Iowa against the Ohio State Buckeyes! The Big 10 title and a chance at the National Championship will be on the line.
    X
    X

Post  X Tue Nov 09, 2010 1:42 pm

Iowa 35
    Northwestern 10

Another solid game from the offense and defense. This game we leaned on Ricky Stanzi a little more than the run game. Ricky Stanzi went 16-20 for 280 yards and 3 touchdowns. The defense totally shutdown the rushing attack of Northwestern. 8-9 on third downs for Iowa compared to 1-6 for Northwestern. 0 turnovers by both teams. Next up for the 10-0 Hawkeyes is the long awaited showdown against Ohio State.
    X
    X

Post  X Thu Nov 11, 2010 1:35 pm

Ohio State 6
    Iowa 17

This was a close well played game by both teams. It was 10-6 late into the fourth quarter. I was able to punch it in with Adam Robinson but lost him for 2 weeks on the touchdown. Ohio State tried to put together a drive but failed and we killed the clock. This was the last major test on the way to the NC game. Next week we play Minnesota then our regular season is over. It looks like SEC monster Alabama is looming unless they misstep in the final weeks. I'm sure the 3 users just behind them are hoping for that. Laughing
    X
    X

Post  X Mon Nov 22, 2010 8:43 pm

BCS National Championship

Alabama 0
    Iowa 24

We came into this game primed for a big time battle. It was a close game and 1 key turnover cost Alabama big time. The first quarter was both teams feeling each other out Iowa scoring on a FG 3-0 into the second. Alabama was driving in the second when they fumble the ball away leading to a touchdown drive for Iowa. Iowa got the ball to start the second half and put together a great drive to go up 17-0. Alabama attempted a questionable fourth down and 22 punt fake that salted away any chance of a comeback.

Ricky Stanzi 5-8 49 yards 1 TD 0 INT
    Adam Robinson 14 ATT 88 yards 1 TD
    Brandon Wegher 12 ATT 137 yards 1 TD
    Brad Herman 1 REC 11 yards 1 TD
    Jeff Tarpinian 6 tackles 1 FF
    Christian Ballard 4 tackles 2 sacks
    Jeremiha Hunter 4 tackles 1 FR

What a great way to end a special season for the Hawkeyes. Next year will be a lot tougher when we loose so many Senior leaders from this team. We hope not to many underclassmen bolt for the NFL or we could be in for a rebuilding year next year.
    X
    X

Post  X Wed Nov 24, 2010 4:13 pm

The only departures from the Iowa football program were Seniors. We had two players looking to go pro early. Junior OLB Tyler Nielsen and Sophomore HB Adam Robinson. We spent an hour on both and both decided to return.
    X
    X

Post  X Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:27 pm

Iowa 42
    Iowa State 10

After a week 1 bye the defending national champs hit the field. The Hawkeyes have some new faces leading the way and some old stand byes. First we needed to replace Ricky Stanzi(4th round pick by the Atlanta Falcons). We went the Juco route and signed 6'4 205 4 star prospect Marcus Jacobs out of Ohio. Jacobs is a Sophomore QB with wheels and a big arm. The HB position we are stacked. Adam Robinson returned for his Junior season with fellow Junior Brandon Wegher. Junior Jewel Hampton will work at the 3rd HB this year. Senior WR Marvin McNutt will lead the offense with much youth. Freshman Spencer Oliver has already shown what type of talent he is with a big 46 yard reception against Iowa State. The defense will be lead by Seniors Bruce Davis, Tyler Sash, Shaun Prater and Broderick Binns. The Hawkeyes unleashed two Freshman DE's Michael Miles and Drew Calhoun. Both will work in the two deep this year and start next year.

Marcus Jacobs 6-13 140 yards 2 TD 0 INT
    Adam Robinson 11 ATT 45 yards
    Marcus Jacobs 5 ATT 25 yards 1 TD
    Jewel Hampton 4 ATT 32 yards 1 TD
    Marvin McNutt 1 REC 9 yards 1 TD
    Bruce Davis 7 tackles 5 TFL
    Broderick Binns 5 tackles 1 Sack
    Drew Calhoun 2 tackles 1 Sack
    Shaun Prater 3 tackles 1 INT TD
    Micah Hyde 4 tackles 1 INT

Next up for the Hawkeyes is a trip to Pennsylvania to play the Pitt Panthers. The final tuneup before a trip play the rock stars Texas A&M.
    X
    X

Post  X Fri Dec 03, 2010 1:22 pm

Pitt 14
    Iowa 21

Wow I almost blew this one lol.. I don't know if we were looking forward to the Texas A&M game or we are just average this year. Both teams went scoreless in the first half. I was driving to put up a score before half and Jacobs under threw McNutt and got picked off.

The third quarter starts off with a nice long drive capped off by a 7 yard Brandon Wegher rushing touchdown. A few players later Dion Lewis breaks 3 tackles and races 82 yards to tie up the score. Adam Robinson took a hand off in from 3 yards out with 20 seconds left in the 3rd to give us a 14-7 lead. Neither team did much until the last minute of the game. Pitt put in a 3 yard run by Dion Lewis to tie it up with 1:19 left. On first and second down Adam Robinson gets stuffed. I setup in a passing play and I see they come out in the famous 1 DL blitz your brains off cover no one defense. I have the perfect play setup to kill it. Marcus Jacobs drops back and hits TE Brad Herman all by himself in the middle of the field. Herman races the last 30-40 yards with Pitt defenders just behind him. The 80 yard touchdown with 17 seconds left gives the Hawkeyes the lead.

The defense tried to make it interesting and they actually called a roughing the passer on me. So the last play of the game from mid field Bostic gets crunched by LeBron Daniel fumbles and the OL falls on it as time runs out.

Hawkeye Free Press  661a00010jpegscreenshot

Hawkeye Free Press  661a00011jpegscreenshot

Marcus Jacobs 8-14 206 yards 1 TD 1 INT
    Adam Robinson 19 ATT 110 yards 1 TD
    Brandon Wegher 5 ATT 28 yards 1 TD
    Brand Herman 5 REC 139 yards 1 TD
    Bruce Davis 8 tackles
    LeBron Daniel 7 tackles 2 sacks 1 FF
    Thomas Nardo 4 tackles 1 sack

X
    X

Post  X Tue Dec 07, 2010 2:03 pm

Iowa 21
    Texas A&M 17

Wow what a great 2 games. First I would like to apologize to commish for the drop of our first game. It was 17-14 I was up at halftime and something went wrong on my end. So we decided to play a half and whoever was down would bow out taking the 17-14 score into consideration with the new half. Well as it turns out it was tied up so we banged away for two more quarters. My team fell behind quick in the second game 10-0. I had a great drive but Jacobs fumbles at the 1 yard line into the end zone and A&M recovered. I was lucky enough to force a punt and I drove down just before halftime to make it 10-7 to continue the game into the second half. I really thought about going for two but I felt it would of been the dickhead thing to do and to force him to leave the game. So I took the PAT and we went into halftime.

I come out in the 3rd quarter and put together another scoring drive to take a 14-10 lead. A&M answers back quickly with a 13 yard TD pass to make it 14-17 going into the 4th quarter. I get a drive going with a big 3rd and long pass. In the process my star QB Marcus Jacobs gets knocked out of the game. I continue to plug away until I get to the 27 yard line. I dial up a pass play. But I notice Marcus Jacobs is back in the game. So A&M brings a blitz from a corner or safety on the right side. I do a quick spin and race down the left sideline for a 27 yard TD. A&M gets the ball and drives down inside the 5 1st and goal. He tries to run it in but fails might have even lost a yard. Again he tries to run it in no dice. He tries to pass on 3rd and almost throws a INT. On 4th down I get good pressure from my front four. Both my DE's get off the blocks. He moves to the right for a crossing WR in the back of the end zone he's covered by two guys. By now both DE's are closing in and he whips a pass back across the field to the left. My defense is in the perfect position to knock the ball down and win the game.

This was a huge win for the program and sets us up nicely for our Big 10 schedule. Next up is a top 5 battle against Wisconsin in Madison!
    X
    X

Post  X Sat Dec 11, 2010 12:05 am

Illinois 25
    Iowa 31

This game was pretty crappy. This Illinois dude needs to get off the dial up. The lag in this was the worse I have ever seen. I couldn't make a cut, couldn't cover anyone 1 on 1 down field. It takes all the stick skill out of the game when people pull that type of junk. Lucky the real skill rose to the top in the end.
    X
    X

Post  X Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:52 pm

After a tough loss against Wisconsin in a game that we just had no answer for John Clay. The Hawkeyes have answered back with big wins at Penn State and Purdue. Strong play by Sophomore QB Marcus Jacobs and a stingy defense is setting the Hawkeyes up for a BCS Bowl. With a outside chance at a Big 10 title if some CPU team can knock off the Badgers and Illinois can beat them in the final game of the season.
    X
    X

Post  X Mon Jan 10, 2011 3:22 pm

It was a up and down season for the Hawkeyes. After running the table in user games it looked like a easy in for another National Championship. But the defense wasn't up to National Championship standards and got abused by John Clay and Dan Herron. We end the season with a 11-2 record and a Capital Bowl victory over Arkansas. We will most likely finish in the top 10. We will have Marcus Jacobs back for his Junior season. We might be in a transition year at HB but WR should be very solid. The defensive line should be much better next year especially the pass rush. 24-2 record should hopefully help recruiting efforts. Perhaps we will get our first 5 star prospect next season!

Capital Bowl

Iowa 28
    Arkansas 21

This game started out slow for the Hawkeyes. We went into the second quarter down 7-0. We battled back with 21 unanswered points. Arkansas drove the field in the 4th quarter and pulled out a long 4th down to make it 21-14. We fail to run out the clock and they drive the ball and tie the game up. Marcus Jacobs comes in and leads the Hawkeyes on a game winning drive with under a minute in the game. He hooks up with Keith Davis on a 60 yard TD for the 28-21 victory with 6 seconds left.
    X
    X

Post  X Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:04 pm

Iowa State 0
    Iowa 35

Iowa opened up the 2012 season with bitter rival Iowa State. The rain was pouring down in this one. It took a little bit of time for Iowa to get rolling. The defense started out the scoring on a 53 yard fumble return late in the 1st quarter. Marcus Jacobs ran one in from 12 yards out to give Iowa a 14-0 lead at halftime. Jewel Hampton scored on two short rushing touchdowns in the 3rd quarter. RS Freshman Brandon Cooley came in and score his first rushing TD as a Hawkeye in the 4th quarter. Spencer Oliver lead the team with 4 receptions for 109 yards. AJ Field was all over the field with 9 total tackles 7 solo. Freshman DE William Campbell picked up the only sack in this game.

We have one more tuneup game before our rematch with Wisconsin. Without John Clay running over every defender we feel really good about our chances.
    X
    X

Post  X Sat Jan 29, 2011 1:06 pm

BGSU 16
    Iowa 49

The team came out and played really well this game. We jumped out to a 14-3 lead after the first quarter. BGSU hung around in the second getting 2 FG's to make it 21-9 at halftime. The third quarter was all Iowa putting up 14 points to 0 for BGSU. We scored again early in the 4th quarter making it 42-9 and pulled our starters. BGSU went down quickly on the 2nd team defense to make it 42-16. B Cooley scored a late fourth quarter TD.

We were happy with the blocking and rushing attack in this game. Jewel Hampton rushed for 111 yards and 2 TD's. Marcus Jacobs was effective through the air with 4 of his 6 completions going for TD's. D Perskins scored twice and S Davis pitched in with 1 TD. The defense picked up 4 sacks by AJ Fields, Michael Miles, Drew Calhoun and Donavan Johnson. Drew Calhoun recovered a fumble and AJ Fields picked off a pass.

We have a bye week next week before a stretch of 3 huge games. Starting off with the Wisconsin team that beat us last year. We have had this one circled since last season. With John Clay gone we should be able to beat this team. Next will be a user game against Illinois then a home game against always tough Penn State.
    X
    X

Post  X Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:20 pm

#10 Wisconsin 12
    #5 Iowa 38

Revenge was on the minds of all Iowa Hawkeye fans going into this one. After the brutal way we lost to Wisconsin last year we had this one marked. With John Clay going to the NFL we didn't have to worry about 1,000 broken tackles and could attack a very weak offense with no passing game.

The scoring kicked off with a 67 yard pass from Marcus Jacobs to Sean Davis. We drove down and Marcus Jacobs ran one in from 7 yards out to give us a 14-0 lead. The next drive Wisconsin throws a INT to Andrew Reed and we convert that into 3 points 17-0. Wisconsin gets a drive together and scores on a 1 yard run but misses the PAT 17-6. Sean Davis breaks loose again on a 79 yard TD from Marcus Jacobs 24-6 at halftime. Jewel Hampton scores the only points of the 3rd quarter on a 9 yard run. Iowa and Wisconsin trade rushing touchdowns in the 4th. Wisconsin again misses the PAT to make the final score 38-12.

This was a huge win for the program. We had a ton of recruits in for this one. We are very happy with how well our team played. Very Happy

Marcus Jacobs 9-18 226 yards 2 TD 0 INT 1 Rushing TD
    Jewel Hampton 11 ATT 79 yards 2 TD
    Sean Davis 3 REC 157 yards 2 TD
    Michael Miles 7 tackles 3 TFL 1 Sack
    AJ Fields 6 tackles 3 TFL 1 Sack
    Drew Calhoun 3 tackles 2 TFL 1 Sack
    Andrew Reed 4 tackles 1 INT
    X
    X

Post  X Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:07 pm

So it looks like Illinois quit? I guess that's a good thing he was a pretty shitty user skill level and activity level. Hopefully we can find a much better replacement than that guy.

Penn State 20
    Iowa 41

This game started out great for Penn State. They broke two big plays and went up 12-0 missed both PAT. We fought back and scored 17 points in the 2nd quarter to go into half up 17-12. We scored the only points in the 3rd quarter on a Jewel Hampton 3 yard run 24-12. We get a FG to go up 27-12 in the 4th quarter. They score a TD and get the 2 point conversion 27-20. Next play on offense Marcus Jacobs hooks up with Don Shumpert on a 82 yard TD. Penn State drive but gets picked off on a deep ball for a touch back. Jewel Hampton breaks the next play 80 yards for a TD.

We had a lot of success in the passing game. Outside of the one big run my Hampton it was a rough going against the Penn State font 7. Defense played decent in the game getting some turnovers. Not really happy with the two big plays we gave up.
    X
    X

Post  X Thu Feb 10, 2011 2:26 pm

Purdue 14
    Iowa 28

We had a nice controlled game against Purdue in the rain. Marcus Jacobs was solid passing for 176 yards on 9-15 0 TD 0 INT. Jewel Hampton carried the load on the ground with 114 yards and 2 TD's. EJ Bennett and AJ Fields were all over the field racking up 10 and 11 tackles each. The defense picked up 3 sacks and Christian Kirskey picked off Purdue late in the 4th quarter to finish off the game.

This brings our record to 6-0 on the season. Next up is a trip to Michigan against the 4-1 Wolverines.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:15 pm